Discussion Questions for The Dancing Girls
(1) Why did Jo Fournier decide she no longer wanted to be lieutenant? What factors lead her to take the promotion in the first place? Did she make the right decision? Why or why not?
(2) What situational and psychological factors (both Martin's and his victims') allowed Martin to manipulate his victims so effectively?
(3) Why did Emily stop struggling when Martin strangled her?
(4) How did Martin's escalation play a role in his downfall? Was that inevitable? Why or why not?
(5) Is Diana is psychopath? Do you think she's the same as Martin? Why or why not?
(6) Will Jo be able to make peace with how the case resolved? Why or why not?